Offshore Site Surveys
Our main targets for the offshore site surveys:
- Reliability of results providing guaranteed safety
- Strict compliance with the work schedule
- Feasible economic solutions
To implement that we apply the integrated approach with use of a number of techniques:
Geotechnical and geodetic surveys:
- bathymetric survey (swath bathymetry);
- dual-frequency seismo-acoustic profiling (HF and LF continuous seismic profiling);
- side scan sonar survey.
- geotechnical drilling & coring (sea depth to 50 m, penetration depth — to 150 m above seabed);
- static probing;
- sampling of seabed sediments;
- laboratory studies of sediments.
- magnetic survey;
- high resolution CDP — reflection seismic exploration
Navigation and geodesic support:
- planned fix of geophysical stations;
- vessel steering along the designed lines.
At the initial stage before starting offshore surveys our experts try to reveal and assess potential problems with the route or on the site.
If necessary the area can be inspected by ROV.
During and after the survey the following processing and interpretation procedures are carried out:
- comprehensive analysis and data processing;
- seismo-stratigraphic correlation, interpretation and mapping of geological targets;
- study of physical properties of seabed sediments including “in situ” sample analysis.
After completion of the survey the Customer is provided with all analog and digital data, recordered in the process of the survey together with a report and graphics.
Our customers and successful projects:
|ISM Co, ALCATEL, France||Fiber optic cable route survey (the ITUR project, the Black Sea, 1994 — 1995)|
|BSPC, Deepocean, NeSa, Petergas||BLUE STREAM project, pipeline Russia — Turkey (the Black Sea, 1997 — 2007)|
|Lukoil-Astrakhanmorneft, Lukoil||Site survey for the installation of a semi-submersible drilling rig «Astra», the Caspian Sea, 1998, 2001, 2002|
|MMS Petroleum||Site surveys for offshore drilling in the Bulgarian shelf, the Black Sea, 1998|
|CGGE International, C&C Technologies (USA)||Cable route survey, the East China, the South China and the Yellow Seas, 2000, 2001, 2002|
|Bouygues Offshore, France||Comprehensive support of the construction of the offshore part of the CPC terminal, 2000 — 2001|
|JSC LUKOIL and CJSC «The Caspian Oil Company»||Northern Caspian 1998 — 2004|
|Joint Stock Company «Kalmneft»||Geotechnical studies for the installation of a submersible drilling rig in the North Caspian shelf, 2001|
|Joint Stock Company «Morinzhgeologiya», Lukoil||Site survey for a gas pipeline route, Caspian Sea, 2003|
|CGGE International, for ALCATEL Submarine Networks / Fudjitsu||Site survey for a fiber optic cable in the Indian Ocean, 2004|
|Joint Stock Company «KazMunajGaz» and «Tub-Karagan-operating Company»||Republic of Kazakhstan, North Caspian, 2003 — 2004|
|Joint Stock Company Priazovneft||Sea of Azov, 2005|
|«Zhambay» Ltd, «Ex-pro» Ltd||Site surveys for the installation of a semi-submersible drilling rig in the Kazakhstan section of the Caspian Sea|
In particular for the CPC Oil Terminal in Novorossiysk, YMG was involved in all stages of the project surveying the offshore part of the terminal before laying the pipeline, conducting hydrographical survey and the survey for identification of underwater obstacles, control over dredging, providing technical supervision over the construction of the underwater part of the terminal and the quality control of backfilling with computing the scope of the excavation work.